I remember the first time I thought about sending my daughter to a Supplementary School. Thoughts kept running through my mind – but she’s so young, she’s only going into JK, and how will she be able to adjust to a full day of school plus more on the weekend. But, as my mind become clearer, I thought to myself….why? Because it’s a part of her Jewish Journey. As was it mine. One thing that I wish was in place while I was looking for a school, was my current role now. I needed help finding a school for my daughter. To be honest, I only thought that 2 schools existed in my area to choose from, when there were in fact over 10. Now, I help families connect to their next educational experience, including enrolling children in a Supplementary Hebrew School. When looking for a school, here are some questions to ask:
- What makes your school an excellent Supplementary School program?
- What is the educational philosophy of your school?
- What Jewish concepts and values will my child be exposed to in your program?
- How does your school view diversity in Jewish practices among its families?
- How are parents involved in the school?
- How will we communicate about my child’s development?
If you’re looking for help along your journey, feel free to connect with me anytime. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 416-635-2883 x5136
“There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.”